This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefanie Tellex 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stefanie Tellex
    Participant

Hi, my camera isn’t working. I verified that the camera and cable work on my other Pi and I can run “raspistill -o test.jpg” and see an image.

On the duckiebot pi, this is the output:
    [email protected]:~$ sudo raspistill -o test.jpg
    mmal: Cannot read camera info, keeping the defaults for OV5647
    mmal: mmal_vc_component_create: failed to create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1:ENOMEM)
    mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not create component ‘vc.ril.camera’ (1)
    mmal: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
    mmal: Camera is not detected. Please check carefully the camera module is installed correctly
    The red power light on the camera turns on as soon as I power the system on the duckiebot pi. (On my other Pi, where it works, it is off on boot, turns on briefly when I run raspistill, then turns off again, as expected to save power on the camera.) I have triple checked that my camera cable is seated on both ends and plugged in all the way, and as I said, it works on my other Pi.
    The error is the same error I get when the cable isn’t seated, and I also wondered if it was because something else was reading the camera. I shut down/killed all the docker stuff that might be doing that but still get the error (and the camera light stays on).
    I went down the road of running raspistill after first following these instructions: “http://docs.duckietown.org/DT18/opmanual_duckiebot/out/read_camera_data.html” and not seeing image.jpg on the web page listing files, and not seeing a way to find an error message or log in those instructions.

Stefanie Tellex
    Participant

Well, I’m an idiot and had the camera plugged into the display port. Don’t do that in your build! I plugged it into the right place and it works now!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu