Front page Forums 🤖 🚗 AI Driving Olympics 🏆 Embodied tasks Leaderboard – time paradox?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  heyt0ny 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

heyt0ny
    Participant

Hi!

As I understood at leaderboard your agent have at max 16.6 seconds to run.

The thing that confuses me: seems like some agent have more time to run than others ?
    For example:
    https://challenges.duckietown.org/v3/humans/submissions/1295 – at the first run the agent survived all the time and the video length is 42 seconds
    https://challenges.duckietown.org/v3/humans/submissions/1213 – at the first run the agent survived all the time and the video length is 1 minute and 13 seconds

So looking at the videos it seems like at the second case the agent have almost doubled time to run..

The questions are:
    – why videos have different length ?
    – is it possible that one agent have more time than another. Am I right that all the agents act at max for N frames, where N = 30 frames * 16.6 seconds

Thanx

Bhairav Mehta
    Participant

Hello heyt0ny,

I’m not sure what you mean by 16.6 seconds? Every agent has a set number of frames (timesteps) to run. The amount of “time” you get is dependent on if you stay alive for long enough, which is why some videos are longer than others.

No one gets more time – its mostly dependent on how well your agent does (if you drive off the edge for example, we end the episode short), but we also have a hard cap on the number of time steps.

Psuedocode:

for n in range(MAX_ENVIRONMENT_TIMESTEPS):
    —- env.step(your_agents_action)
    —- if done: # given from env
    ——– break

Hope this helps!

heyt0ny
    Participant

So at the examples above the both agent survived for the whole time. Then why the first video is almost 2 times smaller that another ?

16.6 seconds isn’t it the max survival time ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close Menu